Child / Educational Psychologists
Permanent, term time only (40 weeks)
Salary- Soulbury A scale points 3-8 plus up to 3 SPA points.
South East Psychology is a social enterprise providing psychology services to schools and academies in South East London, Kent and Medway. Since 2012 we have had a very successful partnership delivering psychology services to the Leigh Academies Trust (LAT). The trust has clusters of schools in South East London, Dartford, Medway, Maidstone and Paddock Wood. We have offices in Ladywell and also have our own training room, which is used for regular courses, including ELSA.
We are currently looking for creative and enthusiastic HCPC registered psychologists to join our growing team delivering services both within and outside LAT. Our work within the Trust allows us to work flexibly and preventatively to promote well-being for all members of the Trust community. For example, current initiatives include piloting the FRIENDS resilience programmes (for adults and students), ELSA training and supervision, crisis support, school staff supervision and parent workshops. We continued to work remotely delivering support to staff, students and parents throughout the Covid-19 crisis and are currently offering a hybrid (on site and remote) model of service delivery.
We can offer you:
- Opportunities to work across primary and secondary schools and a range of specialist provisions.
- Continuity of working relationships both within the team and with schools.
- Opportunities to use your strengths in both systemic and case work and to develop novel and creative ways of working.
- Opportunities to design and deliver training and to facilitate group interventions including the FRIENDS resilience programmes.
- Scope for direct work with children and young people.
- Regular supervision and peer support as well as a high level of autonomy.
- An office base in South East London or the option to work from home.
- Generous annual leave and CPD entitlement and budget.
We are looking for an HCPC registered psychologist who:
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is highly emotionally literate.
- Is confident, skilled and enthusiastic about designing and delivering training. Experience of delivering ELSA training would be an advantage.
- Is skilled and experienced in facilitating group interventions.
- Enjoys working as part of a team but is also resourceful, autonomous and independent.
- Has experience of providing supervision or is keen to develop supervisory skills.
- Is interested in working with school staff to develop their well-being and resilience.
- Has a strong track record of CPD and is committed to on-going personal and professional development.
If you are an HCPC registered psychologist, or a year three trainee, and are interested in finding out more about this opportunity we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: 9th April 2021
Interviews: 19th April 2021
Start date: 1st September 2021
The job description, person specification and further information can be found HERE.
To apply please email the completed application form and a covering letter addressing the requirements of the person specification to Lucy Robertson or contact me for further information or an informal discussion about the role.
0203 441 7727
07858 718 765
South East Psychology CIC,
Unit E, 59 Ladywell Road,
London, SE13 7UT