08/01/2021 - 26/03/2021
* Please note that the course is now full and due to COVID-19 will now run on alternate Fridays as two groups of six between 8th February – 26th March 2021.
The Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) programme is a six day course delivered by two HCPC registered educational psychologists. It aims to equip teaching assistants (or teachers) with the skills and resources to provide direct individual and small group support to students with social, emotional or mental health difficulties. Follow up group supervision/ support is a compulsory element of the training. The training is suitable for staff working in primary, secondary and special schools.
The comprehensive course covers:
• Emotional literacy/ raising emotional awareness
• Building resilience and self-esteem
• Active listening and communication skills
• Self-regulation and anger management
• Working with puppets
• Social skills
• Friendships skills
• Writing therapeutic and social stories
Cost: £720 per person. The cost includes all course materials, resources, lunch, refreshments and four follow up supervision sessions.
Venue: 59 Ladywell Road, London, SE13 7UT
To book a place and for further information, please contact:
0203 441 7727
Rivoli Meeting Room, London, SE13 7UT